D. L. Shah Trust/ASSP Safety India Award
D. L. Shah Trust has instituted National Awards on Quality in association with the Quality Council of India since the year 2006 and is now instituting Awards on Safety in association with the American Society for Safety Professionals (ASSP).
D. L. Shah Trust & the ASSP Region IX (Global) Chapters of India have jointly formed the Awards & Honors Recognition Committee responsible for making recommendations for three National-level awards following the attached program criteria. The Committee also recommends changes to the awards program in the best interests of Indian HSE&S ASSP members.
D. L. Shah Trust/ASSP Safety India Award Program is an annual program consisting of three awards dealing with professionals practicing Safety, Health, Environment & Sustainability in India, who are members of the ASSP making remarkable contributions in the chosen profession. Three recipients would be honored with an honorarium in Indian Rupees and an engraved statuette or a plaque. The awards will be presented at the Safety India’s annual Professional Development Conference.
PURPOSE & ELIGIBILITY: The D. L. Shah Trust/ASSE Safety India Award is an honor acknowledging the dedication and outstanding contributions of an ASSE member. Nominee must be a Professional Member or Member in good standing of the chapter/Society who has not received this award within the past five (5) years, is engaged in full-time employment in the profession of protecting people, property and the environment within India and is not a member of the Awards & Honors Committee.
JUDGING CRITERIA: The nominee’s most recent three (3) years of activities will be considered as a minimum. He/she has demonstrated technical expertise in the broad field of HSE&S and a thorough knowledge of the operational aspects of his/her safety employment and has made outstanding contributions to the, Chapter in activities including volunteering in committees, services to members, as a speaker, leadership in Chapter programs and in the organization he/she serves. He/she has made contributions to advance the HSE&S profession for professional development, community services, involvement in codes and legislation, authored articles, and, work with allied groups. He/she has received Awards and innovations, including citations, honors, plaques; or developed new procedures or systems, and received letters of appreciation from the employer, Area Director or Regional Vice President.
NOMINATING PROCEDURES: Petitions must be submitted in writing to the Awards & Honors Recognition Committee with the completed Nomination Form and Endorsement Form from his/her immediate supervisor verifying his/her work location in India. Petition should be accompanied by a resume of the nominee’s professional background listing all achievements.
Calendar of Events
- July 15, 2018 Announcement of awards program
- November 30, 2018 Last Date of nomination
- November 15, 2018 Verify education and credentials including work location in India, petitions will be sent out to the committee members for evaluation.
- December 10, 2018 Results of the Committee members deliberations shared with the Committee Chair
- December 20, 2018 The Committee will finalize decisions to conclude three finalists
- December 22, 2018 The Committee Co-Chair will present award decisions to the DL Shah Trust & ASSP.
- December 27, 2018 The Committee Co-Chair to send out Formal notification inviting to receive the awards at the Safety India 2019 PDC&E, New Delhi.
- February 14, 2019 Award presentation at the PDC&E in New Delhi
Last Date for nomination / submission of documents is November 30, 2018.